It’s been quite a week, one of those weeks where I question whether I can do this job. I mean teaching elementary school. I really do love my job, but when I am kept awake at night worrying, as I have been the past few nights that I didn’t call this parent or give extra help to that student, I know it’s time to refocus. One of my colleagues was telling me about a book called “The Book of Awesome” by Neil Pasricha so I decided to check it out. I wound up finding the author’s blog, 1000 Awesome Things, here. It’s pretty great and really made me stop and think of what’s important, and for what I should be thankful. I decided to think of what my own little list of “Awesome” would include. Hope you take a minute to stop and think of what’s on your list!
Here it is:
1. When Belle wakes up in a good mood and says “Mummy, I want ogourt“
2. Blueberry pancakes on a Saturday
3. Browsing in a bookstore and finding a great new book to read
4. When I get up and there’s already coffee made
5. A snow day
6. A spring-like day in the middle of winter
7. When Hubby comes to visit me at work with a fancy latte in hand
8. The endorphin kick after exercising
9. An empty line at the grocery store
10. When a friend you haven’t seen in a long time pops in or gives you a call
Have an awesome weekend!